The Coalition for Operational Research on Neglected Tropical Diseases (COR-NTD) is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and the UK aid from the UK Government.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation provides funding for the Coalition for Operational Research on Neglected Tropical Diseases to:
- harness the energy of the community to identify challenges in reaching WHO targets for the control and elimination of NTDs;
- define and implement coordinated operational research (OR) initiatives targeting these challenges;
- engage with the World Health Organization in supporting OR and translating research outputs for program guidance;
- and work with countries and implementation partners to ensure research uptake.
United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) leads international development and humanitarian efforts to save lives, reduce poverty, strengthen democratic governance, and help people progress beyond assistance. USAID's Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) Program works alongside endemic countries and with global, regional, and in-country partners to improve health and end five of the most burdensome NTDs. USAID invests in operational research to generate and advance evidence that can then be used to remove barriers to progress, improve program efficiencies, and protect public health gains. USAID also supports diagnostic innovations to better target program resources and measure progress towards control and elimination targets. Learn more at: neglecteddiseases.gov.
UK aid from the U.K. Government
The Research and Evidence Division of the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office leads a portfolio of outcome-led Official Development Assistance (ODA) research and development. It aims to:
- develop and deliver high impact research
- develop and deliver new technologies and innovations that can help solve pressing development challenges
- test high potential interventions
- support the delivery of UK government objectives, including for prosperity, climate mitigation and resilience, global health security, education conflict and security and global influence.
For more information, visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/foreign-commonwealth-develo…