African Researchers' Small Grants Program I
This page describes a call for proposals which has since closed. Please refer back to this page for updates.
With support from USAID, the African Research Network for Neglected Tropical Diseases (ARNTD) is collaborating with the Coalition for Operational Research on Neglected Tropical Diseases (COR-NTD) to initiate the African Researchers’ Small Grants Program. The COR-NTD has worked with many African implementation partners to make significant contributions to NTDs since its inception in 2013. Collaboration with the ARNTD as a network provides a unique opportunity for a synergistic, concentrated, and inclusive effort to address emerging challenges facing program implementation in Africa in line with the goals established in the London Declaration on NTDs.
This funding program has the following objectives:
1. To increase self-initiated African involvement and visibility in NTD operational research through direct engagement with programs;
2. Contribute to improving the research capacity of an existing cadre of African NTD researchers and strengthening African research institutions in the process by supporting translational or operational research into NTDs that is locally originated and led, either by junior researchers or experienced researchers ready to expand their research programs;
3. To improve South-South communication and collaboration among researchers, policy makers and implementers, and to supportcommunity participation in research and agenda-setting;
4. To promote a viable model of North-South collaboration through increasing ownership and improving effectiveness of administering program engagements from within Africa.
- The application is now closed.
- Please direct questions to the ARNTD Secretariat.