Evaluation of MDA restart in the context of COVID-19 in Benin
1. Can MDA resume and achieve high performance while minimizing risk of COVID-19 transmission through adherence to SOPs?
2. Can local teams easily implement the recommended modifications to MDAs; what is the added cost; and how do the above vary by context?
3. What aspects of local context influence implementation of SOPs?
Excess costs for delivering MDA in the three communes were driven primarily by needs for additional supervision, and procurement of hand sanitizer.
• Misinformation about COVID-19 and MDA were prevalent in the community; CDDs reported that they were hesitant to wear masks or observe other precautionary measures because it elicits suspicion amongst community members.
• Despite these challenges, MDA was implemented with high coverage, achieving over 80% coverage in all three communes.